Imagine you are preparing for that super important video call and see that your PC monitor display starting to flicker or worse, just doesn’t show anything. We feel your frustration, especially in this Covid19 times can be quite tough on anyone.
Computer monitor problems can be the result of several culprits, including electrical and cabling issues, interference, a problem with the computer’s video adapter or drivers, or a problem with the monitor itself.
Follow these Easy checks to diagnose and fix your PC Monitor Display problems
- Check for loose electrical and VGA cables. Remove the electric cord from the back of the monitor, then put it back in place. Remove the VGA cable from the computer and monitor and put it back in place. Make sure the connection is tight. If you’re using a cable extender, remove it. If the cable is damaged, replace it with an Amazon Basics cable. It’s value for money.
- Plug the monitor’s electric cord into a different outlet. If you are using a UPS or surge protector, plug the display directly into a wall outlet. If it works now, the power adapter is dead. Replace it with a new one.
- Attach the monitor to a different computer. If the monitor still doesn’t work, replace the monitor’s cable. Make sure the cable is less than 5 feet long. If it still doesn’t work, the monitor will need to be replaced or repaired. If it works with no problem on the other computer, troubleshoot your video card.
- Unplug your computer from the monitor and power outlet. Remove the cover. Pull the video card out of the slot on the system board. Push it back into place. Be sure the connection is secure.
- Reinstall the video card drivers. Download a new version of the drivers from the manufacturer’s website if necessary.
- Right-click a blank area of your Desktop. Choose “Properties” from the display menu. Click the “Settings” tab. Try different screen resolutions to resolve the problem.
- Determine whether the problem is caused by electrical interference. Electrical interference will make the monitor appear jumpy or wavy. Move any speakers, radios, fans.
Watch Also: Installing New Battery on the Dell Inspiron 15 Series 7995 laptop
If none of the above steps seems to work, then its time for you to buy a new PC display.
Do you use a smartphone and have battery issues with it? Then check out this post of ours to fix it instantly!